Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Pain of the Google Interview

The Business Insider tells the horror story of one new grad's interview with Google:
About ten minutes in, Oliver turned the tables.  “I’m going to ask you a few questions that may sound strange,” he premised.  I paused.  Is there really any good response to a comment like that?  He seemed to read my mind because he elaborated: “These questions are meant to test your analytical thinking.”  Oh no.  He was about to ask me the famous, ridiculously impossible Google questions I had been reading about online.
It's an fun read, and reminds me of a rather poor interview I once had with Cognos.  Needless to say, I never got a job at Cognos.

Perhaps I should alter my interviewing style.  Maybe it'd be good to start throwing in some Googlesque questions.  I probably won't; I'd probably wind up feeling a bad for my victim.

By the way, if you want a sample of some Google interview questions, go here.  I haven't gone through all the questions yet because I'm not in the mood to feel stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment