Wednesday, May 6, 2009

JAVA? ColdFusion? Senior Web Developer?

So it looks like I am doing it again. Sure, I could talk about the job seminars I led last week... or funny anecdotes from the recruiting and IT worlds... or offer some suspect advice on recruiting.

But instead, I will plea for applicants again.

I need a senior web developer for a public sector contract. I won't get into the nitty-gritty details and requirements, but you'll need experience with JAVA and ColdFusion. You'll also need government of Canada security clearance.

The job is in Ottawa and the contract will run for atleast a year. If you're interested, leave a comment or, better yet, send me your resume - jonathan.mcleod@microtime-it.com

By the way, if we're talking about sending resumes, here is a tip for everyone:

If you're contacting someone at a hiring firm (or in-house recruiters as well), don't ask permission to send your resume; just send it. I'm a recruiter; I vacuum up resumes wherever I can find them; I am never going to say, "no." If I don't want your resume, I'll just delete the email. No harm, no foul.

If I have a vacancy that is closing that day, I don't want to have to send you a message and then wait for you to send your resume. I want it there waiting for me.

Remember, making me do less work will make me want to help you get a job. I'm all about doing less work.

Later days.

No comments:

Post a Comment